Alexa App is a key essential if you own any Alexa-enabled device. You can download the Alexa app to successfully set up your Echo or any other Alexa-enabled device. Plus, the app lets you control and customize your experience with Alexa. Along with that, you can use the app to connect smart devices available at home, check the status of your connected home devices and a lot more.
With this app on your preferred device, you can allow your Echo device to automatically connect with family and friends. Your everyday responsibilities become easier to fulfill with the assistance of this virtual assistant. Whether it is about setting up alarms, shopping or weather reports, Alexa can do it all when set up properly.
Download and set up Alexa app via Alexa.Amazon.com
Alexa.Amazon.com allows you to choose the best-suited version of the app for your device. The downloading process is mostly same for PC, Mac, and smartphones. However, you should know about the compatibility factor to choose and acquire the right version of the Alexa app.
When you want alexa for pc, make sure your device has Windows 10, Windows 7 or Windows 8. Along with that, you will need an account on Amazon to use its credentials to sign into the installed app.
But, before that, these are the compatibility factors to remember when downloading the app:
- Your Android device has to have either the Android 4.4.1 version or higher.
- Your iOS device has to have either iOS 10.0 version or higher.
- Your Fire OS has to have either Fire OS 3.3 version or higher.
After choosing your preferred device, you can follow these steps to finish the downloading and setup process.
- First of all, you need to get your app downloaded. There is no cost of downloading an Alexa app on your device and using it.
- You can use your device’s app store to access the downloadable Alexa application. You can enter your smartphone’s app store and search for “Alexa app”. If you use an Android device, go to the Play Store. Or, if you have an Apple device, find the App Store of Apple on your device to get to the application. Similarly, you can go to the App Store on Amazon to find this application.
- Once, you see the app icon on the screen, click to begin the downloading process.
- If you want more convenience, directly reach alexa.amazon.com to find a suitable version of Alexa application for your device.
- After downloading the app, you need to install it on your device and complete the sign-in process. This step will require the credentials of your Amazon account.
- During the process of configuration and sign-in, make sure your device has proper battery life available.
- When your application has been installed and signed in successfully, turn on the Alexa-enabled device and allow its light to switch on.
- Now, you can search the available device on the Alexa application and make a connection to complete the setup process.
These steps are applicable to all different versions of this application such as Alexa web app, Alexa for Android, Alexa for PC and others.
How to resolve the error associated with Alexa web app setup?
Of course, it is quite easy to download and set up Alexa application. However, several issues are still possible when you are trying to configure this app to your new Alexa-enabled device. Commonly, the screen shows an error message, while sometimes; you don’t see the blue ring light on your device turn into orange, which is necessary to begin the configuration process. In some other cases, users fail to create a connection to the available wireless network.
If you face any sort of trouble, check your device’s hardware first. Then, you can look into the Alexa application installed on your device. It is a necessity that your Alexa application has been downloaded and installed properly. Along with that, the app has to have a connection with the same wireless network you want to connect your Alexa device with.
If the app looks perfectly downloaded and connected, then, the problem might be the wrong version of the app. As mentioned before, you need to find the right version of alexa app for mac for an Apple Mac. Similarly, you will require alexa windows 10 for your Windows computer.
In case, nothing seems to work in your favor, let us be the help you desire. We will help with the process of adding the Alexa app to your device and configure it with the preferred home wireless network as well as the Echo device you have.
How to utilize Alexa for pc to enable impressive Alexa skills?
With your successfully configured Alexa application on your Mac or Windows 10, you can find and enable helpful Alexa skills. These skills are created by a community of third-party creators, which regularly upgrades the capacity of your virtual assistant.
- You can enable any skill on your Alexa device simply by using your Alexa app. Here is what you can do:
- Use your gadget to access the Alexa application.
- Reach the menu after entering the application and look for the option called “skills”.
- You can search for a particular skill to see a list of suitable options.
- Each skill will have a button called “Enable”, which you can use to enable a skill.
If you have downloaded and configured your Alexa application successfully, this process shouldn’t present any issues.
Some of the most popular skills of Alexa include:
- Flash Briefing
- BBC World Service
- Alexa, how’s the Weather Today
- The Tonight Show
- Hue Skill
- Rumba Skill
- Thermostats Skill
And many more!
Along with the use of Alexa application, you can also directly ask Alexa to search for a skill for herself and enable it successful. While this works most of the time, using the application will help you ensure success.
Get in touch!
In case, you find any trouble when trying to access, download or set up Alexa application, contact professional technicians for immediate solutions.