Alexa setup is the ultimate solution to make your life better with the AI technology of this virtual assistant. Alexa is the virtual assistant of Amazon, which you can acquire via many of the provided devices. This virtual assistant is considered the most admired in the market. Amazon keeps on upgrading its generation of Echo devices to add more features. Hence, Alexa has become the first choice for customers for its digital assistance capacity, smart home controllability, music and more.
How to start using Amazon Echo?
- Download, install and configure the Alexa app
The first step to using amazon echo is getting your Alexa app. For that, you need to choose one of the compatible devices such as your smartphone, laptop, or PC. Use your device’s updated browser to search for amazon alexa app via alexa.amazon.com. However, you can also access the compatible version of this application by using the search option available on your phone’s app store. Alexa app is available in different versions for Android devices, Mac, Windows and iOS devices.
- Power on the Echo device
After completing the alexa app download, you need to switch on your Echo device for the setup process. Connect its cable to an electrical power outlet that has an optimal and consistent supply of energy. Then, turn on your Echo device and allow the ring light to turn from blue to orange in color.
- Complete Alexa login
When you have your Alexa app downloaded and installed, complete the login process. This step will require the details of your account on Amazon. You will have to add the credentials of your Amazon account to log into your Alexa application.
After entering you can choose the option called “add device” and follow the rest of the instructions to complete the process of alexa set up.
What do you get with a successful Echo Dot Setup?
Alexa is the virtual assistant that powers a variety of devices offered by Amazon. One such device is called Echo Dot. When you successfully complete the echo dot setup process, then, all features of Alexa become yours to utilize. From managing your smart home gadgets to obtaining weather reports, Alexa is capable of informing, entertaining and assisting you 24/7 and that too, simply by hearing your voice command.
More than that, you can improve the skills of your virtual assistant by enabling Alexa skills via the alexa app. These skills have turned out to be exceptionally helpful for Alexa users. You can add or remove skills such as ordering meals, calling a cab, managing your thermostat and many others. Along with the Alexa application, you can even ask Alexa to find and enable skills. In fact, Alexa can even tell you what sort of skills you should try. You just need to ask, “Alexa! What Alexa skills would you recommend to me?”
With a list of skills customized for your needs, you will be able to upgrade your device’s capabilities as per your lifestyle. The latest generation of Echo Dot can make any room smart. It lets you request news, data, and music. Plus, you can call almost everyone and manage all Alexa-compatible devices available in your home such as lights, garage doors, thermostats and more.
Features of third-generation Echo Dot:
- Make user profiles for everyone in your family.
- Make voice profiles.
- Customize the default wake-word.
- Add routines, schedules, and timetables.
- Choose and change your default music streaming platform with other options such as Pandora and Spotify.
- Use your voice to access any Alexa skill.
How to finish alexa set up in just 5 steps?
To get alexa app for windows 10, you will require a computer or laptop with updated Windows 10 version. Similarly, you can get the right version of Alexa app for your Android and iOS devices as well.
The process of alexa app download and Alexa set up will become easier with these steps:
- Choose a device you want to use to manage your Alexa and find the Alexa application for that version. Make sure that the OS of your device has the latest, compatible version to allow successful Alexa application installation.
- After downloading the app, you need to install it on your device. Then, use your Amazon account credentials to finish signing into the application. In case, you don’t have your Amazon account already, go to the official platform of Amazon and create one. Then, come back to the Alexa application to use your password and username to sign in.
- After completing your sign-in process for the app, configure it with the wireless network available in your home.
- Switch on your Echo Dot device and wait for it to get ready for configuration.
- Use the Alexa app to find the device and follow the instructions that appear after that.
This will complete the process of Alexa setup without any trouble. But, if you still find yourself facing an issue, get in touch with our technicians for effective solutions.
Potential Amazon Alexa App setup problems
When trying to set up your amazon alexa app, you might come across a hurdle due to some problem or error. The problems can be associated with the app itself or with your Echo device.
Most common issues of Alexa app setup are:
- The Echo device turns on, but doesn’t switch from blue ring light to orange ring light.
- Alexa app is unable to discover or connect to the preferred Wi-Fi network.
- Echo device is not responding even after setting up Alexa.
- Unable to log into the Alexa application.
To stay on the safe side, you should contact our professional technicians who would help you with the setup process of your Alexa.
After successfully completing the setup process, you can acquire all the skills that match your everyday requirements. Along with that, you can use your Alexa application to change various settings such as the wake-word, Alexa language, and accent, music, media and many other settings.