The skin of a human body is like an infinite layer of clothing that conceals all the valuable treasures underneath it. It acts as a shield against any external force or disturbance outside our body. When your skin gets exposed to some kind of trauma or injury, scars are formed naturally. It is like a bundle of several layers compacted that speeds up the process of healing. Although a scar is not harmful, it can affect the appearance of your skin as sometimes it’s too large to hide. There are many ways to make your scar disappear such as the scar reducing soap.
Classification of scars: Mainly four types of scars occur after your skin gets cut or torn apart.
- Keloid scars: These occur when your skin faces certain complications during the time of healing. They take up more space compared to the level of injury.
- Contracture scars: Such a scar originates when your skin gets burnt and melts to a large scale. The skin tightens up and hinders your process of movement. If the injury is too severe, certain sensitive nerves and muscles may also become ineffective.
- Hypertrophic scars: These have a reddish appearance that takes place within the boundary of the injured location. Some levels of steroids are required to reduce the swelling effect.
- Acne scars: You should never touch your pimples and acne as it may lead to some serious scarring.
How to treat your scars: There are some ways to manipulate the overall effect of a scar on our skin. With the right method of treatment, it can be removed completely.
- The moment your damaged skin cells get healed properly, you must try to apply a certain lotion on it that contains Vitamin E. You must start massaging the area firmly with the help of your fingers. Then slowly use your thumb to widen the area. You might experience a slight pain in the beginning but it will soon diminish.
- Sometimes the scar is too deep and it starts occupying a large area of your skin. The only method to make it go away is by removing it surgically. The doctor will appoint an experienced surgeon to study the complications in your skin. Usually, there are two ways to treat it. Either the surgeon will try to reduce the width of your scar area, or another skin will be taken to cover it up smoothly.
- Laser treatment is a procedure that involves the usage of a concentrated ray of light to modify the characteristics of the scar. There are different categories of lasers that are used to treat a wide range of scars. Although a bit of risk is involved in this process, it can fully dissipate your scar.
- Using ointments and gel that are rich in Silicone can also prove to be really useful. Your skin doctor will recommend the best scar reducing soap for certain minute scars. The redness can be reduced up to a large scale and your skin will become more flexible. Your skin needs a proper amount of moisture when it is getting healed. Sunscreen lotion also can protect your scars from extra damages.