Step 1: The Planning Phase
Development of an iOS app begins with a planning phase. In this phase, you will be required to clearly focus on important aspects like:
- Problems that you wish to resolve via this app
- Purpose of this app
- What makes your app unique from other apps?
- Defining your targeted users
- Important functionality of your app
- Making a roadmap for the subsequent phases of your app’s development
It is important for you to conduct a detailed market analysis for ensuring that your product meets the current market requirements and has the potential to stay relevant in the industry.
Step 2: Designing
In the second stage, you will have to strongly focus on selecting a suitable design for your app. You will have to document all the requirements for your design team. You can start documenting by making wireframes, sketches, and blueprints ready for your design team to get a brief idea of how your app will supposedly look like. The ultimate goal is to develop designs that are easy to navigate and visually appealing at the same time. UI and UX design of the app should also necessarily comply with the iOS guidelines.
Step 3: Development & Integration Phase
Development Phase is all about transforming your ideas and vision into a reality. In this phase, you will see your app finally coming into existence and having developed from vision to a basic structure. The development team at this stage would work collectively with 3 crucial departments- the backend support team, the API and front end team. Apple has even defined various developer rules and therefore, it is mandatory for the enterprise app development company to incorporate the best practices for delivering a more secure user experience.
Step 4: Assurance of top-notch quality
App testing is the next phase where the developers will be required to testify the app and be assured of its quality. Any compromise on the app’s quality can lead it to ultimate rejection from the iOS store. Optimal performance, debugging, uninterrupted user experience, and data privacy are few factors that developers must necessarily review in this stage.
Step 5: Deployment Phase
At this phase, you can submit your app to the iOS store for rigorous review and one-time approval. This phase might take a few days or weeks time for Apple to approve your app on its iOS store.
Step 6: App Maintenance
Once you are done with the deployment of your app on the iOS store it will become necessary for you to take care of its regular maintenance from time to time for keeping it updated, relevant and free from any lagging.
Tips for developing an iOS application
Let us take a look at a few tips for designing and developing iOS applications:
- Decide between iPhone and iPad apps: Make sure to keep your expectations as well as your targeted users’ requirements in mind prior to deciding between an iPhone and iPad app.
- Prefer opting for a simple layout: A simple layout and design in the initial phase is always advisable. You can change the same later in the future but considering its a new app and your targeted users might take time to understand its functionality, it is best to have a simple layout.
- Add unique and interesting features: Adding subtle and unique features will make it easier for you to attract your target audience and enhance user interaction.
- Promotion: Actively promoting your app is way too important for you as it will enable you to enhance your app’s reach and visibility and lure targeted audience from across the globe.
These aspects will surely help you in making an informed decision and developing a suitable app for your business. If you still have any queries then feel free to our ipad app development company will be happy to help you out.