Gmail is one of the top email service providers which is available free of cost. Apart from offering large Inbox, it uses an encrypted connection to download and upload emails. It has got a friendly interface and above all the best features, it does not serve ads in email bodies. What if we configure Gmail to Outlook Express? Outlook Express is also loaded with enhanced features which will add more power when Gmail is configured to the same. This blog will help you understand the approaches to be followed to add Gmail to Outlook Express in a simple way.
What Should I Use to Setup Gmail on Outlook Express?
Gmail offers two different protocols to access i.e., IMAP or POP. With POP, you can download new messages to Outlook Express. On the other hand, IMAP offers a simple approach to access all the archived emails and labels.
How Can I Add Gmail to Outlook Express Using IMAP?
- First of all, login to Gmail account and go to Settings which is on the right-pane of the window
- Now, select Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab option and mark the radio button corresponding to Enable IMAP option and click on Save Changes button
- Now, ensure that Access to less secure apps is turned on
- Once it is turned on, a notification from Gmail will be received as shown below,
- Launch Outlook Express email application and click Tools menu and select Accounts option to add Gmail to Outlook Express
- Click Add and select Mail.. option and enter your name under Display name field
- Now, enter your Gmail address and click on the Next button
- Make the following changes as shown in the below image under Internet Connection Wizard like My incoming mail server is an IMAP server and click Next
- Then, enter your Gmail address for Account name and enter the Password and click Next
- Under Internet Accounts, dialog box, select imap.gmail.com and click Properties
- After that, choose Servers tab and mark the checkbox corresponding to My server requires authentication option and click OK
- Then, select the Advanced tab and make the changes as given in the below image, i.e., for Outgoing mail(SMTP) and Incoming mail(IMAP) and click OK
- After closing the Internet Accounts wizard, Outlook Express will ask whether to download the list of Gmail folders, click Yes to proceed
- Click OK, by this Gmail is configured to Outlook Express successfully
How Can I Setup Gmail to Outlook Express Using Professional Tool?
This is a common query among users who have less technical expertise to perform manually. There can be various issues during the manual process, as the steps are quite lengthy leading to more confusion. Hence, it is always advised to use to the third-party tool while adding Gmail to Outlook Express.
SysTools Gmail Email Backup tool is the ultimate solution to configure G Suite account to Outlook Express in a seamless way. It is a reliable tool to archive emails, contacts, calendars, and documents from the Gmail account. It can easily convert the Gmail mailbox items to EML file format and later export the converted EML file to Outlook Express account.
Step 1: Convert Gmail Mailboxes to EML File Format
- Firstly, download and launch the Gmail Backup tool on your system
- Then, enter the credentials of Gmail profile and click on the Login button
- After which, you will be redirected to the Gmail Login page
- Now, enter again the credentials of Gmail from which the extraction is to be done
- Then, click Allow to grant access to the software application over Gmail account
- Select the radio button corresponding to the EML file format in which the archive will be created
- Click on Browse and select the desired location to which the exported file will be saved
- Click on Apply Filter to apply customized filters which will be reflected the exported EML file
- After that, click Start to begin the export process
- Upon successful completion, a pop-up message will be displayed as shown below,
- Finally, the archived EML files will be saved on the destination location
Step 2: Import the EML Files to Outlook Express
- Open Outlook Express and create a New Folder under Inbox folder
- Rename the new folder and select all the EML files from the stored location
- Drag all selected EML files and Drop to the Newly created folder
- Finally, all the EML files are imported to Outlook Express
- To open the Email, click on the particular email
Configuring Google Apps account to Outlook Express is not a child’s play. There can arise various consequences while adding Gmail to Outlook Express manually. It is being so tedious to perform due to its lengthy steps, hence it is always advised to switch to a third-party utility. With Gmail Backup tool, one can quickly setup G Suite account to Outlook Express without facing any issues.