Mywifiext is the default web address to access the genie setup and other wizards of Netgear. During the extender setup, there is need to connect the extender and for this, you need the username and password. But most of the cases, users fail to enter the correct password which halts the setup process. If you are also sailing in the same boat, you must read this post. Here, you will get to know about how to find and change mywifiext password. Scroll down to read more.
Do you have a mywifiext.net account?
First of all, make sure that you have an account and registered your range extender on mywifiext.com. If you don’t have any such account, create the one by following the below given steps:
- Head over to create account webpage.
- The next page will ask you to enter the necessary details and set up your username as well as password.
- Once done, click on register button.
- You will be asked for username and password to log in to your account.
- After a successful mywifiext login, you have to modify some technical settings to make a reliable connection between the extender and network.
For these technical settings, it is advised to contact our experts and get A to Z guidance from them.
Important Note: Use mywifiext.net local web address if you are setting up a brand new extender and configuring the extender settings on an iOS device e.g. Mac, iPhone or iPad.
Find mywifiext.net login password
If you are accessing mywifiext.net setup page for the very first time, the default credentials will work here. You can find the default username and password by doing below:
- Check the sticker placed on the back or side panel of your range extender. It contains the default details along with the model number.
- If the sticker is missing, explore the manual that came with the purchase. The manual also incorporates the default username and password.
- Connect the computer or another wireless client to WiFi range extender with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Contact our mywifiext experts and ask for the default login credentials.
Now, you have found the default details to access the admin page. But what if you are not accessing the web-based setup page for the first time? Don’t worry. In this case, you have to use the current details you have set up earlier.
If your mind has completely deleted the customized login username and password, you have to reset the Netgear WiFi range extender to default factory settings. For this, press and hold the reset button on your extender. Let the device reboot properly. Once done, you can now use the default username and password for login.
Change the login password for mywifiext.net
If you are getting a mywifiext.net error, chances are you have entered the wrong password. Also, it is very important to change the default login password for security purposes. To do so, have a quick look at the rose-petal instructions:
- Connect your computer to the extender using an Ethernet cable.
- Launch a web browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer.
- Type mywifiext.net in the address bar and press enter key.
- The login page will appear. Simply enter the email and password.
- Once done, click on login button.
- Netgear genie dashboard will display.
- Head over to password settings.
- Type the new username and password.
- There is also an option for password recovery.
- Apply the changes by hitting save button.
From now onwards, you have to log in to admin webpage using new username and password you have set. However, the only issue in this process which users face is mywifiext.net not working. To resolve this problem, contact our 24×7 available technicians. They will provide you with rapid solutions.