As you know, there are 2 tasks to write Task 1 and Task 2, and in both academic and general training modules, Task 1 is less (150 words) than Task 2 (250 words). Often people decide to write Task 2 first, before writing Task 1. There is no problem by now, but we are actually reaching the critical bit.
It is necessary that you pay attention to the answer sheet and write your answers in the correct places. There are 2 marked places on the answer sheet that you meet in the writing exam, one says “work 1” and the second says “work 2” To avoid confusing the examiner, who will investigate your work, you need to ensure that the essay “Task 2” and report (for academic) or letter (for general training) – is written under Task 1.
In Our Previous post we told you about The IELTS writing Task 1, so now let’s move to Task 2. Today, in this Post you’ll get all the information about the IELTS writing Task 2-(essay writing).
IELTS Writing Task 2 (What Examiner Is Looking For):
In IELTS Writing Task 2 Topics, you will be given a statement on which you must write an essay. To do this, you must have a valid point of writing in your essay.
The examiner is looking for a connection between your vocabulary and your thoughts. Apart from this, your writing Task is usually written on a variety of terminology in your writing. Not only this, but your points are based on the number of Helping words you use in your writing. Use of different synonyms in IELTS writing Task 2 will make a positive impact on Examiner. It indicates that the candidate has good IELTS Writing Task 2 vocabulary and he / she can use many words to express his ideas with efficacy.
How to Write Essay for IELTS writing task 2 band 9:
Essay samples are useful to get an idea of what a band 8 essay looks like, but how can you write a band 8 essay? As you know, an IELTS essay is created using 4 criteria:
- Task Response
- Coherence and Cohesion
- Lexical Resource
- Grammatical Range and Accuracy
Many test takers are unsure about what is wrong with their essay, why they keep the band 6.5 and how to take their writing to the Band 8 level. Do you think so? Keep reading till the end, because we tell you here that how to write the essay to get the score of band 8 in IELTS.
IELTS Writing Task 2 Structure:
In IELTS Writing task 2 you need to write at least 250 words. If you do not write the least number of words in any task, your answer will automatically lose the number and your band score will be reduced. Both in IELTS writing task 2 General Training and Academic you need to write the essay of 250 words on a topic. But, in GT you will get easy topics in comparison of Academic IELTS. Your overall band score can then be much less for you to enter a university or move to another country. Note that although the minimum number of words is required, but not the maximum.
However, this does not mean that you should write a long answer. For one thing, you will not get bonus points for a long answer. For the second, a long answer means that you have to type fast. The faster you write, the more likely it is that you will make mistakes in your grammar and vocabulary, or you will leave important information. So your band score will fall.
IELTS writing task 2 tips:
Check out the tips and implement it in your regular practice to score high in IELTS writing:
- Address the whole question or statement, not just one part of it.
- Do not start the sentence with the word and, or, but.
- Introduction, development and conclusions should be easy to identify.
- Learn and use the rules of English punctuation Each sentence should start with a capital letter and end with a period, question mark or an exclamation point.
- Ensure that each sentence has a clearly identifiable main subject and main verbs and they agree in number and tension.
- Firstof all Read the statement very carefully and understand it. Always decide what you are going to write before starting. Make a list of your key points
- Use different types of sentence structures; At least one question, inactive sound sentence, conditional sentence, complex sentence, etc.
- Use specific examples or reasons to support your ideas
- Write clearly and specifically, avoid ambiguous statements.
- Write short, simple, complete sentences. This style looks strong in English.
IELTS writing task 2 topics 2019:
In IELTS Writing task 2 you may get the question related to any topic like:
- Essay Structure: Opinion (Agree / Disagree)
- Art, history and music
- City side and country side
- Adventures sport
- Global Concern
- Culture and Tradition
Here we are going to tell you about 15 topics that you may get in your Upcoming IELTS exam so check it and try to answer it. So that if you will get any of these topic you can answer it in better way:
- Ads are affecting us negatively; To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Employers should give their employees a minimum of one month leave in a year because it makes them better for their job. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- In some cities, people can build and design homes and office buildings, though they like them. It is better to keep strict control over the design and construction of housing and office buildings. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- It has been said that reading for pleasure is better in developing imagination and language skills than watching TV. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Locals often do not visit museums or historic sites. Why is this? What can be done to change the situation?
- Online, people write opinions about product reviews and services. Is this a good thing or a bad?
- Some parents believe that reading books for entertainment is a waste of time for children and they think that their children should only read serious educational books. . To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Some parents believe that reading books for entertainment is a waste of time for children and they feel that their children should only read serious educational books. . What is your opinion?
- Some people believe that the Olympic Games are no longer related to the 21st century. . To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Some people say the Olympic Games are not relevant in the 21st century. do you agree or disagree?
- Some people think that companies and private individuals should pay to clean the pollution produced by them, not the government. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Some people think that modern technology is making people more accommodative, while others feel that it is making them less friendly. Discuss both thoughts and give your opinion.
- Shops should be sold to local food products, not imported food products. do you agree or disagree?
- In the major cities of the world, huge amount of money is spent in the restoration of old buildings. This money would be better spent on providing new housing and road development. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- Tourism is encouraged in many countries. Does tourism bring more benefits or disadvantages to a country?
In each Topic you Need to Write aa Essay of at least 250 Words. Your essay should not be so large, but it should contain the relevant information related to that topic. Don’t forget about Grammar and Be careful about incorrect words, while writing your answer by concentrating on the topic.
IELTS writing task 2 sample answers:
Question: Employers should give long vacations to encourage employees to do their work well. Do you agree
Answer: I partly agree with the above statement that employers should give long vacations to employees to increase productivity. I think the productivity of an employee depends on many factors. And for each employee, this can be a different factor. Keeping in mind the subjectivity, we cannot say that a solution fits on all. Each employee has a different motivation to work and come to the workplace. Some employees work for monetary benefits while others enjoy the social aspect of the workplace.
Long-term vacancies for employees are definitely helpful in achieving the balance of work-life. Employees will be able to spend time focusing on their health, family and other interests, so that they can have a happy life. This cannot necessarily be the reason for the increase in productivity at the workplace as long absence from work can stop the speed of a project.
It has also been observed that when the employees stay away from work for a long time, they create resistance to return to work. This mentality is counterproductive for a workplace. It can lead to employee’s demotion and dissatisfaction during the work. Many employees also use the workplace to interact with friends and colleagues. A long gap can make them feel lonely, which can affect productivity. offering English Speaking Course Online
An employer should find out what each employee has to do and try to find a balanced solution for building a great workplace. Trying to use a single solution to solve a major problem such as productivity cannot work very well. There are also drawbacks along with the benefits of long vacations that need to be carefully evaluated.
Question: Some people think that modern technology is making people more accommodative, while others feel that it is making them less friendly. Discuss both ideas and give your opinion.
Answer: Technology has made rapid progress in the last decade. It has changed the way people communicate with one another. It has made the aspect of physical presence so easy that it was necessary to communicate with another person in the past.
Technology has opened new paths, the way we communicate with someone located anywhere in the world. It has enabled us to share and share information with people who are in spite of their location. This progress in technology makes it easy for us to find people with similar thinking and friendship with them.
Each new method developed also gives us the option of choosing the level of intimacy and frequency of our communication with another person. In my opinion, this increase can make people feel socially active and more interested in engaging in conversation with new people.
On the other hand, technology is taking away the physical aspect of communication. This limit can make people feel the absence of human touch and can take away the clarity of a message. Communication through message or phone can only be done to crosswords.
We humans are social beings and they need to connect with other creatures in their physical form in order to realize a deep connection. One has always the option to ignore social contact online, but it is difficult to do this in real life. I think the technology does not allow for deep connection due to the above limitations.
In essence, technology can be used to create new connections at the same comfort and speed, but its limitations do not allow deep lifelong relationships to blossom.
Question: Some students like to play computer games instead of playing. Why is this? What can be done to deal with the problem?
I think the students have ended up choosing video games on, games because it causes adrenaline to the brain which causes high levels of hormones. These hormones that stimulate people can be addicted to an extent. Students have another motivation to enjoy video games because it offers them an alternative life through virtual reality.
Games often contain characters that a player can make. Some games help you connect with your friends around the world and play together, which also makes the game a social element.
In the Sports, there is a need to work with the body. It can be hard on individuals to train regularly and practice physical skills. Some people avoid physical exhaustion and fatigue. There is also a risk of injury to sports. This fear of injury can be detrimental to those people who are afraid of injury.
This problem can be solved by educating students on the health effects of a sedentary lifestyle. The school curriculum should include compulsory sports as well as theoretical lessons on sports benefits. Games should be taught with the correct format and students should see value in it. They should be encouraged by peers and parents that the games should be carried forward for immense benefits.
In order to encourage families to develop habit of children from a young age, it should take place to watch television with sports and outdoor activities. Making it part of your childhood routine can make it difficult for them to break the habit of playing sports.
Question: The only way to solve the increasing crime rate of young criminals is to teach parents better parenting skills. To what extent do you agree?
Answer: Family environment and upbringing have a great impact on the child’s psychology. This is the value system that is brought to the shape that shapes his personality. I fully agree with how society is behaved with children, in which parenting skills play a major role. Many studies point to an unhappy childhood because juveniles are the main reasons for the crime.
Parenting skills in many societies are a neglected subject. Learning to communicate better with children is a skill that requires nutrition and development over time. There is a need to understand the effect of bad parenting on children. In recent years we have seen an increase in juvenile crime. This can be due to families becoming more atoms and without support or knowledge of elders in the family.
There is also a growing tendency for both working parents who can feel a child alone and separate from the family. In view of these circumstances, it is necessary for parents to communicate well and make effective plans for their program.
These skills are not considered necessary by many parents. It can have a negative effect on the behavior of a child and can cause feelings of depression, anger and sadness. If these emotions are left out, then they can increase the crime work.
For a harmonious and peaceful society, every person needs to contribute and develop a future generation which starts at home. Therefore, to reduce the crime rate of young criminals, it is the right way to teach skills to parents.
Question: Tourism is encouraged in many countries. Does tourism bring more benefits or disadvantages to a country?
I think tourism has more benefits than losses for any country. Tourism is an industry that contributes to the economy of any country. It not only brings foreign currency to any country, but also creates awareness about the culture of an area. There are many countries that spend money on advertising and marketing because they have realized the importance of creating new sources of income.
Countries such as Thailand, Mauritius and Bali are highly dependent on tourism and also the tourists allies. There are many benefits to encouraging tourism in a country. It can help a nation to open new streams of income. There are some sections in the Hospitality Industry, Transport Industry and Commodity Market Society, which will be of great benefit.
Local people will get new employment opportunities and they will be able to exchange culture with the visitors of other countries. Tourism will also help educate other countries about local heritage and history. The disadvantage of encouraging tourism in a country can lead to uncontrolled immigration, illegal trade of goods and services and crime rates against foreigners.
All these borders can be dealt with effectively if the government makes tourism development part of its plan and standardizes some of the procedures. Educating the locals and building effective transportation system within and outside a city can help fight crime rates against tourists. If tourism is well regulated within a country, then it can help in the progress of a nation and its citizens.