Cough is a heterogeneous condition. It may be the result of any underlying infection or natural phenomenon that clears the airways from dust, smoke, and other irritants. Although cough is not considered to be a condition that if persists, treatments need to be given. The first thing to do is to identify the cause of the cough. If the cough is due to anything that obstructs the airways, it needs to be treated immediately with the help of a medical practitioner. Cough syrups act as an effective medicine for soothing cough.
Torex syrup is one such cough syrup used for treating the condition of cough. Cough is initiated by the presence of irritants in the airway passages. This causes some specific nerves to send reflex signal to the brain that initiates the cough. Cough syrups contain certain compounds that block the signal initiating cough. This reduces the reflux of cough.
Natural Remedies to Prevent Cough:
- Basil Leaves Suspension- Indian tradition has seen the use of basil leaves as a natural remedy for cough prevention. Take 5-6 basil leaves in 200ml of water. Boil the solution to make it 100ml. This solution is to be kept overnight. This solution, taken twice or thrice a week, can provide much relief to cough.
- Honey and Ginger Tincture– A pinch of ginger is to be made into a paste and mix 2 tablespoons of honey to it. This mixture is to be taken early in the morning with a glass of warm water. This is effective in soothing cough.
- Black Pepper mixed with Mulethi– A natural substance called mulethi has certain anti-inflammatory properties and also has anti-cough properties. A small piece ofmulethi is to be made into a paste. 5-6 black pepper seeds are to be made into powder form and boiled in 25ml of water. This water is to be mixed with the piece of mulethi and drink this water thrice a day for 3 weeks. This provides natural relief to cough for a long.
- Menthol Vapor- Boil some menthol in a pan of water for 10 minutes. Take the vapor for almost 15 minutes. This will help to reduce symptoms of cough.
- Saline Water Gargle- Put 3 teaspoons of salt in a glass of warm water. Use this saline water to gargle 2 times a day. This provides an effective remedy to inflammation in the airway passage and soothes cough.
- Lime Juice in Warm Water- 2 teaspoons of lime juice in warm water with 1 teaspoon of salt can provide long term relief from cough.
Conclusion-Cough is a condition that can occur due tofactors, be it natural or due to any diseases. Natural causes may include blocking of airway passage due to mucus deposition. Smoke, pollutant, and any other irritant can also cause airway blockage. Some underlying disease like cold, flu can cause persistent cough in many. Using Torex cough syrup for dry as well as mucus cough can provide effective relief in case of cough.