“Take care of your body, it’s the only place you have to live in.” With a healthy body you can make your life productive and fulfilling. You can live to the fullest when you feel healthy inside-out. Most importantly, a healthy body is a prerequisite for a healthy brain because the body and brain are interconnected. If you think you have to make some major amendments to your daily routine, then fret not because simple changes will work in your favour.
- Exercise Daily: Just eating a nutrient-rich meal will not alone keep your body healthy. You need to keep it moving, therefore daily exercise is important. Commit 15 minutes from your morning schedule to exercise your body. If mornings are hectic, you can do it in the evening as well after returning from the office or as per your convenience. For the mind, you can practice meditation. It will keep it calm and robust.
- Get Enough Sleep: Our body and mind need to rest. Sleep is one of the most efficient ways to put the body and mind to relax after a hectic day. At night, sleep on time. Shut off your mobile phones and get sleep. Getting enough sleep helps in repairing the heart and blood vessels, balances hormones and plays a vital role in the growth and development of the body. If you feel that it becomes difficult for you to sleep, invest in scented candles, a plant, and flower glass vase as all these create a peaceful atmosphere, thus helping you to get restful sleep.
- Stay Calm: We all are stressed. It has become commonplace in our lives. But, stress is harmful for health. Hypertension, heart-attack, eating disorders, weak immune system are all after effects of stress and anxiety. Try to remain as calm as you can. Stress cannot be avoided at any cost but it can be controlled and its damaging effects can be mitigated with the help of meditation, eating dark chocolate, practicing gratitude, being surrounded by positive people and spending time in nature.
- Stop Intoxicating Yourself: Alcohol in limits is good for the heart but in great amounts can be damaging to the health of the body and mind. Smoking too is injurious to health as directed in the advertisements and on cigarette packs. Any kind of drugs and tobacco is harmful and more so if you are addicted to it. So, limit or better quit all these if you can. Take help of rehabilitation centres and medical aid to get rid of the vices.
- Include Greens in Your Diet: Consume five servings of vegetables a day. Include a lot of green-leafy vegetables, seasonal produce and coloured vegetables to your diet–raw, steamed or fried. Eating vegetables daily is believed to reduce the risk of developing cancers of lungs, colon, breast, cervix, bladder, stomach, pancreas, ovaries, and esophagus.
- Make Little Changes: We said earlier, keeping your body and mind healthy does not mean you have to spend 3 hours toiling in the gym or make any major changes. Simple and little additions will go a long way. Accept your emotions, eat healthy, spend time with pets and family, walk instead of elevators, disconnect from toxic people and screens, etc.
Stay Healthy, Stay Fit it’s the need of the hour. Do it for nobody but for yourself.