A perfect and delicious cake to light up all the special celebrations! Easy to bake and delectable in taste, this cake is sure to take your taste buds to a whole new level. So, let’s dive in below to see how to bake this yummy cake.
- 200 gm dark chocolate (or gluten-free alternative), roughly chopped
- 300 gm skinless (blanched) hazelnuts
- 6 eggs, 5 separated
- 150 gm golden caster sugar
- 150 gm dark muscovado sugar
For the Ganache
- 250 gm dark chocolate (or gluten-free alternative), finely chopped
- 220 ml double cream
- 30 gm salted butter, chopped, plus extra for greasing
For the Hazelnut Spikes
- 200 gm golden caster sugar
- 20 wooden skewers
- 20 skinless (blanched) hazelnuts
- Sticky tape
Recipe / Instructions
- Let’s make the cake first. Heat the oven to 170 degrees C. Oil and line a 23 cm free bottomed cake container with parchment paper. Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a container of stewing water. Let the chocolate gradually dissolve, and then keep it aside.
- Now, beat the hazelnuts in a food processor until chopped, and then include the sugars and mix again with the processor to a fine, sandy consistency. Pour into a blending bowl and include the one whole egg and five egg yolks. Combine it all and then add and then beat in the melted chocolate.
- Put the rest of the egg whites in a container and beat until they structure medium peaks. Scoop a fourth of the egg whites onto the batter and beat it in to mix well. Empty the batter into the cake baking container and bake for around 40 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the middle to check if the cake is baked properly, the toothpick should come out clean or with a couple of crumbs. Invert the cake after 5 minutes on a wire rack and let it cool totally.
- To make the ganache, put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Put the butter and cream in a little container and heat until the butter liquefies, however don’t allow it to bubble. Pour it over the chocolate and leave for a couple of minutes to liquefy, and then mix to make smooth ganache. When the cake has cooled, place it on a turntable. When the ganache has cooled to a spreadable consistency, spread decently over the whole surface of the cake in any way you want.
- To make the hazelnut spikes, place a big pot over medium warmth to get hot. Include the sugar and keep warming until sugar is dissolved. Increase the heat and bubble, whirling the container, until the caramel turns perfect golden shading but don’t mix as this will make the caramel take shape. Remove the container from the heat and allow the caramel to cool and thicken to the consistency of gold syrup.
- Utilize a wooden skewer to press into each hazelnut – ensure that you don’t push it in where the seam is or the hazelnut will part. Keep a sheet of parchment paper on the floor underneath your kitchen platform as this will get any drops of caramel. Dig the hazelnut through the thickened caramel, covering it well. Stick the wooden skewer to the kitchen platform. Allow the caramel to drip. Repeat this with all the hazelnuts and let the caramel set. Once done, cut the caramel in a spike pattern. Organize the hazelnuts, spikes facing up, in the middle of the cake.
So, that was the super easy recipe to prepare your chocolate hazelnut party special cake. If you can’t bake this cake, place your yummy cake order in Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata, Gurgaon, Pune, or in any other city where you reside. Enjoy special celebrations with special cakes! Happy eating! Happy baking!