This layer cake of cinnamon rolls is not made with cinnamon rolls but has the same aromas as the famous rolls, of which you have the recipe in the blog as well.
The recipe for this beautiful layer cake comes from this blog and consists of three layers of cinnamon sponge cake filled with cinnamon buttercream and various cinnamon frostings. If you like the aroma of cinnamon, this is your cake.
A good part of the grace of this cake, besides the great taste, is the decoration we make with the glaze and a good pastry bag. Then we served it in a beautiful stand and we were like kings or queens. Nothing you cannot do without our wise guidelines of online cake delivery in Dehradun.
CINNAMON ROLL LAYER CAKE
INGREDIENTS (FOR 3 MOLDS OF 20 CM / 5 MOLDS OF 16 CM):
- 170 g of softened butter
- 310 g of white sugar
- 170 g of sour cream or creme fraîche
- 10 ml of vanilla extract
- Six egg whites
- 325 g of confectionery flour
- 15 g of chemical yeast
- One tsp. of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 180 ml of whole milk
- 30 ml of water
- 400 g of softened butter
- 450 g of icing sugar
- One tsp. of vanilla extract
- One tsp. of ground cinnamon
- A splash of milk
Cinnamon bath and sugar
- 55 g of icing sugar
- 25 g of brown sugar
- 12 g ground cinnamon
- 45 ml of water
Ganache of white chocolate and cinnamon
- 180 g of white chocolate
- 90 g of liquid cream (minimum 35% fat)
- A sprinkling of ground cinnamon
- Prepare the molds that we will use, greasing and flouring. We reserve
- We weigh the pastry flour on the scale and pass it through the sieve to a bowl along with the chemical yeast. Add the ground cinnamon and reserve.
- In a jug we put milk, water and vanilla extract. We reserve
- In another bowl put butter with sugar and beat at high speed with a robot or electric rods, until it sponges and whitens.
- We add the sour cream to the butter mounted and mix well.
- Then add the egg whites at room temperature and beat a little; we decorate the walls with a spatula to mix everything perfectly.
- Next, add the solids and milk in two alternate batches, mixing with the spatula with enveloping movements, until homogenizing.
- We distribute the dough between the removable moulds and cook the biscuits 25-30 minutes at 180ºC. We remove, unmold and let cool on a grid.
- We put in a bowl all the ingredients except milk. We beat first at low speed, with a robot or with electric rods, to mix, and then at least five minutes at high speed, until the mixture sponges and resembles inconsistency to a soft ice cream. If we see it too hard we can add the milk of spoonful in a spoonful with CakenGifts.in.
- We passed the buttercream to a pastry bag with large round nozzle and we reserved.
Prepare the cinnamon bath for the biscuits, mixing all the ingredients in a bowl with a blender or with rods.
- In a rotating stand we place a base of cardboard for cakes that will allow us to later transfer the cake to where we want, which we will fix with a bit of buttercream. We put some strips of baking paper so as not to stain the stand with the covers.
- If the biscuits had something of hump, we soften it with a big knife or a lyre. Place the first cake well centered on the cardboard base. We paint with a brush and the cinnamon bath.
- We apply the filling in the way you see in the photo below, with pegotitos per the perimeter to be seen.
- We proceed in the same way with the second cake, painting it with the bath and putting the filling on top. We finish putting the last cake, we paint with the bath and we put the cake in the refrigerator so that the filling becomes firm, at least one hour.
Coverage of white chocolate ganache
- While the cake cools prepare the ganache of white chocolate. Put the chopped white chocolate in a bowl. Heat the liquid cream in a saucepan until it almost boils.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and let it rest for a minute. We add the cinnamon. Then we mix with rods, first slowly and increasing the speed as it emulsifies, until obtaining a bright and smooth cream.
- We wait for the ganache to cool a bit to pour it, otherwise it would flow too much. We pour it starting with the chorretones, by the perimeter of the cake.
- Then we apply again gobs of cinnamon buttercream, a row or two, as we like. We return the cake another little time to the fridge so that this coverage is firm.
- We ended up pouring more chocolate ganache into the center of the cake, inside the filling ornaments. We return to the refrigerator for the cake to finish firming.
This layer cake of cinnamon rolls has a wonderful cinnamon flavor and is very juicy thanks to the syrup bath and the sponge cake itself. Try it.