Have you ever stopped to think about how many friends you have? A recent study claims that Indians have a greater number of friends than the inhabitants of neighboring countries. However, is the quality of such friendships good enough to be called such? In other words, are they real friends or simple acquaintances and “nice people”?
Of course, the word “friends” is often misused. Many enjoy sharing time and get entertainment with pleasant people, but this does not mean that they are friends.
Friendship means more than just sharing moments. Few of these companions are really interested in how you are, and even fewer are willing to be close to you in the dark moments.
Today we will tell you about the 5 virtues that define a true friend, so that you can understand the greatness of the word “friendship”. In this way, you will be more aware of who your true friends are and you can better cultivate the relationship with them.
What are the 5 virtues that a true friend has?
- Listen without judging. People have a tendency to help others by sharing their feelings and opinions, often excessively. We have all sinned at least once when, in relating to someone, we have used an excess of ego. Poorly managed ego leads us to treat people around us with negative judgments; it is these that move us away from the well-being of our friends or family. These harmful criticisms are the complete opposite of what produces a true and full friendship relationship.
- It doesn’t give much importance to discussions. Receiving constructive criticism or simply an opinion different from ours is not always easy to accept; sometimes, it even turns out to be offensive. Surely, you too will have had a fight with your friends sometimes. As regards the term “discuss”, there is an important definition, which has lost value over time: a discussion is the presentation of valid arguments by both parties, until a positive solution is obtained.
- He worries about you. It is probable that, like me, at some point in your life, you asked yourself the following question: “Do my friends look for me only when they need me?”. When you ask yourself such doubts, it means that the pro forma “how’s it” and hypocrisy have turned into the core of the relationship with that particular person.
- Turn your flaws into virtue. You too will agree that no human being is perfect. Many of the people around you will not like your shortcomings and will be convinced that their mission is to let you know. Just those flaws that make you so unique.
- It is always next to you. The differences that separate you or the strong arguments that have arisen between you do not matter if you are really friends. Neither time nor distance is important in maintaining affection: true friends will always be with you.
If you have your true Bestfriends and you feel really comfortable among them then “Alright!” Youtube channel has brought a special video named “Bestfriend ki Girlfriend” about three friends, Aman, Rishabh and Naina which turned out to be hilarious. The video is the latest creation of the alright squad and is out now on the Youtube channel “Alright!”so go and watch it right now!