Germany is one of the most preferred study-abroad countries for Indian students. Every year thousands of Indian students go to Germany for obtaining an international qualification, as of 2017 /18 Winter Semester, 17,570 Indian students were attending universities in Germany (according to enrollment data).
Availing education in Germany comes with a lot of benefits, some of such advantages are the opportunity to study in globally ranked German universities, state-of-the-art amenities, research-based study programs, multi-cultural student community, impressive course curriculums, and a remarkable lifestyle.
The world-class universities providing quality education attract a profusion of talented international students if you are one such talent aiming to go to Germany for further studies, here I have for you some essential documents required for German Student Visa that are an important part of your study visa application.
When a student makes up his mind to study abroad, he has ambition but what about the course of action?
A common problem noticed in all the students applying for student visas is that they do not have the necessary information. The lack of proper information leads to loopholes in application process, hence rejections of visas.
To avoid that, make sure you are well aware of all the following requirements of the German Study Visa.
The primary thing to consider while lodging your study visa file is that you have all the vital documents. The following are the documents essential for Germany study visa:
- Valid passport of not less than 6 months subsequent to travel.
- A photocopy of your passport’s bio-data page in A4 paper
- 4 passport size photographs
- Cover letter including your travel itinerary which should give details about the reason and duration of your stay.
- Payment proof of study cost
- Proof of your academic qualifications
- Language proficiency test either in either English or German
- Letter of acceptance from your selected institution in Germany.
- The last 3 months payslips and employment agreement.
- Confirmation of ownership of the business for self-employed
- Income tax return form
- Past three months bank statement with adequate funds
- Attestation of accommodation during the study period in Germany.
- Flight booking details
- Travel health insurance
- Marriage (if any) and birth certificate.
- Make it a point to check your file multiple times before you submit it. You really do not want to leave any shortcomings that can become a reason for your study visa refusal.
- Do not forget including any important document because booking a second appointment will cost you a considerable sum of money.
- Stay well aware of all the details and requirements of study visa and the university you are applying for, a single mistake can cost you a lot.
- Besides the loss of money, you will also be consuming time for a second appointment. Even a single missing signature can lead to unrequited delays and even a refusal.
- On the appointment day, make sure you are punctual and reach the embassy well before the time.
- The embassy is already short of time because of the number of applications they stay flooded with.
- Also, dress according to the occasion and read the embassy’s security guidelines and instructions, so that you behave in a way that is expected from you.
Misbehaviour is not at all acknowledged and can make you go through harsh consequences.
So, to get a German student visa successfully gather all the documents mentioned above and apply for a visa after thoroughly knowing all the study visa requirements.